Monday, February 22, 2010

Anne Geddes Cute

My wonderful photographer friend Ashley (Ashley Horton Photography) asked me if I could knit up a cocoon and hat for her to use when doing newborn photoshoots. She had sent me a picture of something she had in mind so I set out to find the perfect neutral color yarn to knit up. After much searching (4 local yarn shops later) I found the most perfect yarn at Wonder Knit. Only problem was that it was all dyed into fun colors, nothing quite neutral enough. Somewhat defeated, I was getting ready to go home and start searching online. Then, the girl who was working the shop had a brilliant idea- the woman who spins and dyes the yarn had just moved all her supplies to the shop to start spinning and dying from there. She went searching in the back and found a full skein of undyed beautiful yarn. She called the woman who gladly sold the undyed skein. I was so excited! This yarn was absolutely perfect. The extreme thick and thin spun yarn, its incredible soft touch, and the complete natural color, it was just what I needed. I knit up a cocoon and modified a hat pattern I found to create the items. Ashley loved them and has used them in a handful of her newborn shoots. She has sent me a few pictures of the items in action and I hope you'll agree, these shots are so cute. Anne Geddes cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment